McGregorPipes

Tell us who you are.
mcgregorpipes

McGregorPipes

Post by mcgregorpipes »

Years a pipe smoker: 4 years, but sparingly. now beer is another story.

How you got into pipe making: I started when I had a broken pipe and tried to fix it. its a good thing it was a cheap pipe because it got me thinking about improving on the workmanship. made my first pipe and walked into a local smoke shop and they were kind enough to buy it. so it was hobby and a few years later i'm full time.

Other interesting facts: most of my pipes are made from locally harvested applewood and cherrywood. my shop started small in one corner of a garage, and over the years as I added more stuff to my small catalog for the smoke shops I ended up with a garage full to the ceiling with piles of milled wood and barely enough room to get around the work benches. in an effort to recreate the ropp pipes factory in my garage I've accumulated every used drill press, table saw, electric motor that's come by. i started building a new shop last year and just moved in and setup production. this year should be good, there's orders backed up, just setup with some new distribution inside of Canada, and been busy enough I get my brother to work with me one day a week.