kamkiel

Tell us who you are.
kamkiel

kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

Years a pipe smoker: 3

How you got into pipe making: On one of my trips home, I saw my good friend had been making pipes. I picked up pipe smoking and a year and a half later finally got a workshop and some tools together to start trying to make my own.

Other interesting facts: I think that it is awesome that most pipemakers are married to the best women in the world :D I have also been married to my wonderful wife for almost two years. I teach English to K-12 students, as well as some college courses. Preparing courses for all different ages and levels takes up most of my time. I also studying Chinese and have been on T.V. competing in National Chinese competitions. In the almost 6 years spent in China, I have travelled to more places here than I have in America. I have more pu'erh tea cellared than pipe tobacco :(
Ratimus

Re: kamkiel

Post by Ratimus »

Pu'erh tea is good stuff. Got a buddy who brews it all the time. It's kind of like the perique of the tea world in my opinion.
Ryan Richardson
R2 Pipes/Ryan's Luxury Goods

Post by kamkiel »

Ratimus wrote:Pu'erh tea is good stuff. Got a buddy who brews it all the time. It's kind of like the perique of the tea world in my opinion.
It is really good. It is also a bit like pipes. There are a lot of rumors/secrets surrounding it (out here at least). Every seller will tell you why you should choose this kind over that kind: age of the tree, elevation, wild/cultivated, mountain location, dry storage vs humid, etc. I have bought some expensive pu'er and some cheaper stuff. We normally just find a raw pu'er that has decent flavor and is less than a year old, buy a few cases and let it sit. After some aging, the cheaper stuff can really get good. We split our collection between here (really humid) and my wife's hometown (really dry).

Anyway, glad you also enjoy pu'er(h)
sam a

Post by sam a »

kamkiel wrote:On one of my trips home, I saw my good friend had been making pipes.
I've always liked to think of myself as your bestest friend.... But now I see how it is.
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

sam a wrote:
kamkiel wrote:On one of my trips home, I saw my good friend had been making pipes.
I've always liked to think of myself as your bestest friend.... But now I see how it is.
Haha, didn't want anyone treating me special because my bestest friend is the Incredible Sam, PipemaKer extraordinaire @samadebayo.com.

pretty good plug eh?
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

Oh yeah, And we are both geniuses. I'm not talking Fukushima fish or Emerald city genius either.