DrewEstateSam

Tell us who you are.
DrewEstateSam

DrewEstateSam

Post by DrewEstateSam »

Years a pipe smoker:15+

How you got into pipe making: I don't have the usual I wanted to make pipes because I couldn't afford them. Not that I can afford 5% of most pipes I want, but by spending time at Smokers Haven. I am a cigar rep, Premal's store sells cigars. 1+1=2, it's part of my job to hang out there from time to time. I am a pipe smoker as much as a cigar smoker, it goes back and forth from time to time as to what I smoke more of, but whatever it is, I am lucky enough to have a cloud of smoke around my head 12-14 hours a day. Watching Premal and Bill, and later Jesse work kind of mesmerized me. I am stubborn f%#k that can watch something and convince himself he can do it. This led to tooling up for the days I can lock myself in my shop to try to put what I have seen, and learned from the forum to the test. My job, and family life doesn't really afford any of that precious thing called time. I have had about 6 days in the last 2 years to make briar look ugly. But there is that someday...some day...

Other interesting facts: I have worked for Drew Estate Cigar--- wait Drew Estate tobacco Company for a little over 5 years as a sales rep in the Rust Belt (Western PA, OH, MI, and WV). I am one of those lucky few people that wake up in the late morning and doesn't hate their job. Even after doing over 500 cigar events, I love my job. The travel is hell sometimes. I see my windshield more than I see anything else in my life. I am the son of a steelworker, who was the son of a steelworker, who who was the son of a steelworker, who was the son of a coalminer, who was the son of an immigrant German coalminer. I hope my new addition, Jacob Hunter (born 3/20/15) will avoid the mills like his daddy. Other things I do not have enough time for and love to do are hunting, fishing, shooting, and sleeping with my wife.

Since I haven't made a pipe good enough yet to even be laughed out of the gallery, I usually keep my posts to breaking Nate, Joe (Solomon) or a select few other's balls.
pipedreamer

Re: DrewEstateSam

Post by pipedreamer »

Welcome to the Forum. When at Premals'Shop watch everything they make, ask questions and offer a nice cigar.You will get there!! Have a good attitude also :notworthy: