Badmedicine

Tell us who you are.
Badmedicine

Badmedicine

Post by Badmedicine »

Years a pipe smoker: 3
How you got into pipe making: I've always been into woodcraft (blame the Boy Scouts), and one day decided to try my hand at pipe-making.
Other interesting facts: I'm a paramedic by trade, so I'm always looking for a good time-killer. My other hobbies include body-building, reading (former literature major), varmint hunting, and occasional forays into amateur pyrotechnics (words to make a wise man run).
I do all my carving and finishing with very basic tools (rasp, Buck knife, an old sock for buffing), and generally use whatever wood I have at hand. Thankfully, a friend runs a woodworking shop and gives me his scraps :D I'm not in it for money or fame, just for the simple pleasure of making and smoking pipes that bear my labors. I look forward to learning much, and further honing my beginner-level skills. I'm sure most of my attempts will be crude (at best) and quite possibly humorous. Pleased to meet you all, and let 'er rip!
Last edited by Badmedicine on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandahlpipe

Re: Badmedicine

Post by sandahlpipe »

Nice to meet you!

Feel free to ask questions when you have them. There are several threads on here about using alternative stummel materials. If you don't find what you're looking for, don't hesitate to ask the forum. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your creations.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com