Dean Wakeman

Tell us who you are.
DeanWakeman

Dean Wakeman

Post by DeanWakeman »

Years a pipe smoker: 10+
How you got into pipe making: restoring & selling estate pipes
Other interesting facts:
I have been involved in the restoration & repair of estate pipes for 10 years firstly as a hobby & to increase my own collection & as a full time job for 3 years, I own & run a website called EstatePipeShop.co.uk & have for many years been wanting to start making my own pipes, I have a workshop at my home & have been involved with carpentry most of my life, I have been learning a lot from this forum already & from Chris Askwith's video's on youtube which have been a god send in me selecting some of the tools I was missing from the workshop, I do not know any pipe makers personally & apart from Chris who lives in the UK but about 250 miles away, they are very rare here in the UK, so as said thank god for forums & youtube & the people who will share there advice
I am a passionate old English pipe smoker & this is where I hope to start, I look forward to posting & thank everyone in advance for any advice & help

Dean
pipedreamer

Re: Dean Wakeman

Post by pipedreamer »

Welcome Sir! To the Forum!!! I might add; Thank God for Chris Askwith!!! :thumbsup:
sandahlpipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

Welcome to the forum!
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Welcome Dean, glad my videos were of some help :)
Camaraderie

Post by Camaraderie »

caskwith wrote:Welcome Dean, glad my videos were of some help :)
I too watched all your videos and found them extremely helpful. Youtube is a great tool. I encourage all of you pipe-making bigshots to keep making videos. I think even if they don't have a million views, the several thousand that watch them are more engaged than most channels' viewers.