Houncer

Tell us who you are.
Houncer

Houncer

Post by Houncer »

Years a pipe smoker: 6
How you got into pipe making: I started smoking a pipe to annoy my mother-in-law as a joke. It turned out to be an enjoyable hobby so I stuck with it. As a tinkerer and guy who likes to get my hands dirty pipe making seems to be a logical step. I've made a couple blobs from kits, have three more kits waiting in the wings and a bunch of ebauchons waiting in a box. I have a metal lathe but haven't hooked it up yet as I am working on my kits with a belt/disc sander, files, bandsaw and sandpaper. I plan on making billiards until they actually look like billiards.

Other interesting facts: I'm not really an interesting guy but my other hobby is woodworking. In my day job I run an automotive library in Hershey, PA where I help people with vehicles from the late 1800s all the way up to the current year. I am also restoring a 1937 Buick and have a 3-yr old son so my spare time is somewhat limited.

I've been ghosting and reading for a loooong time now and think it is time to speak up a little more. Thanks for all the help!