dustinfranc

Tell us who you are.
dustinfranc

dustinfranc

Post by dustinfranc »

Real name: Dustin Franc... i know... real creative with a catchy/original username? Right?

Years a pipe smoker: 14

How you got into pipe making: While tearing down a deck at a clients cabin on the Bear River in the Grandaddys, Northern Utah/Wyoming. I found a burl. When i cut it open, it was absolutely beautful inside. The grains called to me, if you will. So i had at it. Im now finishing up #3, and cant wait for my parts order to arrive so i can keep going.

Other interesting facts: I LOVE music. Have a degree in Recording Arts. Enjoy Songwriting. I also find joy in real-life pencil sketching. And live for the Outdoors.

Dusty
sandahlpipe

Re: dustinfranc

Post by sandahlpipe »

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your work!

What kind of songs do you write? Feel free to post links or pictures of your sketches in the other things we make section.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Welcome!!!
dustinfranc

Post by dustinfranc »

I recently came to the decision that if I want to perfect my skills at pipemaking... i need to swallow my pride and face my fears. I need to flood the pipe community with any and all questions i may have.
I will admit that i created a profile in this forum about 8 or so months ago, and the DIRECT and somewhat HARSH feedback i recieved concerning my first pipe was disheartening to say the least. I know it wasnt directed, with negative intentions, towards me. But my pride has always been a difficult trait to overcome. So i decided tred the waters alone. To be honest, there was always the chance that it was all just a fling. And i would tire of it quickly.

Pause for response... (HAHA!)

Like all forms of art and expression can do. It happened! I was bit! Bit hard... with the pipemaking bug. It infected me. And now i have the disease for good. Not a day has passed that i havent seached, scoured, memorized and tested the endless content of these "pages." This forum is a dream come true for anyone like me. Willing and passionate about creating a body of work that challenges my skills. Work that forces me to step out of my comfort zone and on into a place that helps remold and freshen my creativity.
With all of the techniques and advice compiled into this forum. I am proud to say that i have 21 pipes under my belt now! Briar, Morta, Cherry, etc... 2 of which were commisioned, and recieved with open arns. Much to my excitement!!!

In short... (hardly... haha)

Thank you all for everything you've done, are doing, and will continue to do; as i include my own found insights into discussions. And do my very best at forming relationships and getting to know each and every artist (on some level) To be able to learn from people that inspire me... carries with it an almost indescribable feeling of acheivement.
timberwolfer21

Post by timberwolfer21 »

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Welcome!
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/