Wes

Tell us who you are.
witt.weston

Wes

Post by witt.weston »

Hi, my name is Wes, I'm 33 years old and I live in Denver, Colorado with my wife and 2 year old son.

I've been partaking in the art of smoking a pipe for 3 years.

My first pipe was given to me by a friend and I made the mistake of leaving it outside to cool, just before it rained. So yep, the pipe split. I shopped around for a bit and realized I just couldn't afford the quality of pipe I wanted. I decided I'd try my own hand at making some for fun. My first completed "attempt" took me about six months and was made out of pine so I didn't smoke it, it actually broke while I was showing it to a friend. I did some research online and made a few more out of some maple table legs that surprised me at how well they smoked. When I had the money I went out and bought my first "nice" pipe which happened to be a Nording and was sorely disappointed at the money I spent compared to the quality of the smoke I was getting out of my own. The decision was made I'd probably never buy another pipe. I have made 14 of my own pipes now out of maple, walnut, cherry, and hawthorne. I could use a lot of direction and advice. Also on future tools for the shop as right now I'm just using a drill, a circular saw jig, and files to make them and fit them to stems that came with other purchased pipes.

Wes
sandahlpipe

Re: Wes

Post by sandahlpipe »

Welcome, Wes!
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Welcome Wes!!!
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

Welcome Wes!
My son and his family live down the road a way in Pueblo West. Gotta love Colorado.