Ratimus

Tell us who you are.
Ratimus

Ratimus

Post by Ratimus »

Years a pipe smoker: 14
How you got into pipe making: other than a cob, I hadn't owned a pipe for a few years. Woke up one morning obsessed with the idea that I wanted to make one. Bought a kit from Mark Tinsky, shaped it with a Dremel, rinse and repeat. Bought more tools, moved away from kits, made more pipes, bought a lathe, blah blah blah.
Other interesting facts: married, three kids. I'm a physics major in a software engineering position and I teach a robotics class at Raytheon missile systems, which puts me all over the map in terms of nerdiness. I used to teach workshops on how to play the didgeridoo (not at Raytheon missile systems).
Ryan Richardson
R2 Pipes/Ryan's Luxury Goods

Re: Ratimus

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Welcome! :D
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Former Tucsonite reporting in. Great place to live (especially in the foothills or the mountain slopes). Loved my time there.

That Raytheon plant is the old Hughes one, isn't it? Had an uncle who was the HMFIC of that plant, once upon a time.

You will find a number of techie-nerd types around here. No shortage of them in the PipeWorld. It's a significantly brighter and more spirited bunch than average, too. Push and see. :lol:

Welcome aboard, and post summa your stuff so we can tell you how much it sucks and to get back to work making another. :mrgreen:

--------------------------------------------

EDIT: I somehow missed, and just noticed, that you've been around awhile already. Now I'm confused.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Ratimus

Post by Ratimus »

Yeah, I just never bothered to post an introduction. Thanks for the warm welcome, though. :mrgreen:
Ryan Richardson

Post by e Markle »

Hey Ryan,
We'll have to get together some time. I'm up in Phoenix.
Ratimus

Post by Ratimus »

That would be absolutely amazing. I'm an unabashed fan of your work. Barring the upcoming holidays, I'm usually free on weekends, but I can also swing a day off during the week since I'm on a flex schedule. I'd you're serious on your offer, I'd love to take you up on it.
Ryan Richardson

Post by e Markle »

Yeah Man,
I'm sure we can make something happen. My schedule is completely full through the holidays, but maybe Jan or Feb? Give me a call in early Dec, and we'll get something on the books. My contact info is on my site.
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

RatMan ---

You just won the pipemaker's equivalent of the Powerball Lottery.

Ernie's work is world class. He's one of the best carvers in the U.S. No ego to contend with, either. You should learn a metric fuckton AND have a fun time doing it.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Ratimus

Post by Ratimus »

Ernie, thanks. I'll definitely be looking forward to it.

George, you don't have to tell me. I'm super pumped.
Ryan Richardson

Post by pipedreamer »

Welcome , late is good, don't keep Ernie waiting, One of a kind!!! Lucky man.