craigd1211

Tell us who you are.
craig1211

craigd1211

Post by craig1211 »

Hey there guys. My name is Craig Davis and I live in Katy, Tx. I'm 41 years old and I've been married for 12 years. We have two kids, Lexi and Brock, and a black lab named Bella.

I've been smoking a pipe for about 8 years but usually not until we have our first cold snap of the year. Since I live near Houston, and our cold snaps are not very often, I have started smoking my pipe whenever I have the time to finish a bowl.

I admittedly do not know much about pipes, pipe shapes, different tobaccos and all of that. I have one pipe that I bought 8 years ago. I just know that I thoroughly enjoy it.

I have always had a deep appreciation for fine craftsmanship regardless of the medium. I just started turning wood in my shop about three months ago and smoking my pipe while doing so. Then I thought I'd like to try my hand a making them. So here I am.

I have done enough research to get started, I think, so its time to start making some briar shavings. Looking forward to being a part of the community and if there are any local groups near Houston I'd love to check them out.

Thanks,

Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sandahlpipe

Re: craigd1211

Post by sandahlpipe »

Welcome to the forum, Craig!
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com