DavidT

Tell us who you are.
DavidT

DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Years a pipe smoker: Many, off and on, going back to college days in the late '70s
How you got into pipe making: My brother got me started.
Other interesting(?) facts:
My brother (who will be joining us here shortly) made me a very nice jumbo Dublin about a month ago. I then bought a kit from Mark Tinsky and crafted one of my own. I enjoyed the experience immensely and now have more materials on order.
My "shop" consists mainly of an old but extensive Dremel outfit that I inherited from my dad, a mouse sander, a few files and a pile of sandpaper. At this time, I have no other power tools. I have been working wood for decades and enjoy working with briar. My favorite pipe shape is the Dublin, with around a 110 deg. angle between the bowl bore and the smoke channel and a slight stem bend. I like simple, functional, soft gloss, natural grain - something pleasant to the eye and hand and, of course, excellent to smoke. Favorite tobacco - Dunhill My Mixture 965, along with other full-bodied English and Balkan-type blends.
I have already learned much from reading here. I appreciate the efforts of all who have shared their experiences. The content here is a treasure!
oklahoma red

Re: DavidT

Post by oklahoma red »

Welcome David!
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Some good news for you.

There's a guy in Columbus who has a basement + several jumbo storage shed's worth of Cool Pipe Stuff that he sells to the public, and he also makes pipes. Been at it over 40 years.

http://www.jhlowe.com/
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Thanks, LL. I have heard his name mentioned. My brother lives in Pataskala. so I get up that way occasionally.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Welcome!!!