AirrikWeaver

Tell us who you are.
AirrikWeaver

AirrikWeaver

Post by AirrikWeaver »

Years a pipe smoker: 17
How you got into pipe making: I originally got into pipe making about 14 years ago when my girlfriend( now wife) bought me a pipe kit at that smoke shop in Lillydale Mn ( now the perfect ash)
Other interesting facts: While I have been a member of this forum for 10 years, I realized today that I never took the time to introduce myself. I apologize for this oversite on my part. I have been making pipes on and off since about 2003. mostly freehands and some classics. I have sold some thru the years but I make so few that I am basically unknown. I am trying to get re-motivated to jump back into pipemaking more seriously and am really enjoying re-reading all the wonderful information on this site. I wish It existed when I first start when I was clamping briar to to my dorm bed and whittling away with a mora knife and some files! Although I guess I am still considered a young guy in the pipe world I have been a pipe smoking for about half my lifetime and there is no other tobacco experience that is even clos in my mind. It is time I try to get out there more and become more involved in the pipe community that I have been reading about for years. I am married and have 2 young daughters. I am also a Potter. For the past 8 years I have been mostly focused on working in the Log Cabin restoration business and supporting my family. Ever year I am able to spend more time working on my pottery and briar pipes. someday soon I hope to be able to work more from home. thanks for reading.
sandahlpipe

Re: AirrikWeaver

Post by sandahlpipe »

Welcome to the forum officially, even though you've been around longer than me!
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
AirrikWeaver

Post by AirrikWeaver »

thanks Jeremiah, yeah I just never got into posting much I guess. Just started checking the site out again a few weeks ago and figured I better strike up some conversations after lurking around for years. I see you are very active on the site these days and that you live in Zimmerman , Mn. Not too far from me up in Northern Wisconsin. Currently I am visiting at my in-laws down in the Twin cities for a few days and travel to Mn several times a year. Although I have been making pipes mostly as a hobby for years I often feel like beginning in my progress as a pipe maker has been interrupted several times for long periods of times. However my spirits are renewed and I am having fun with it again. There sure are a lot more pipe makers nowadays and a lot of things in the pipe world that have happened since last I really checked. Seems like this forum used to be alittle more active as well. Any one know if Pipes.org is still an active forum I used to like that too. Any other good active forums these days worth checking out? thanks
sandahlpipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

Yeah. Looks like we're not too far away. I think this forum has done well and there is still a moderate amount of activity, but it goes in spurts. When I was starting out, I was very active along with a few others, but we've all pretty much found our groove now. There are some people who post on the Pipe Makers group on Facebook, but that's not incredibly active either. I think the bulk of pipe discussions have moved to social media and away from forums.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com