Automatic Log In

If you have any comments for how this site or forum might be improved, or if you are having any difficulties with this site, please post such comments here.
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Automatic Log In

Post by staffwalker »

Kurt any idea why the forum won't log me in when I open it? On the old one and on this new version, there is a block to check which asks, (Do you wish to be logged in automatically when you go to Forum?). I have checked this block numerous times but still have to log in any time I come to the Forum. bob gilbert
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Re: Automatic Log In

Post by staffwalker »

Should have read: (Log me on automatically each visit).
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I have it set up to log me in automaticly and it works every time, except in the event I clear the temp history or the cookies then I have to manually add it.
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

That's weird, mine has never worked, not one time in the three or four years I have been here. I routinely check the block each time I log in. I use a Mac at home and a PC at work, neither works. bob
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

Bob-

I wonder if you have your computer set up to not accept cookies? The forum "remembers" you and logs you in automatically using a cookie. Is that possibly the problem?
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

I have it set to accept cookies only from places I visit. That's at home on my Mac using Safari. Don't know how it is set at work on the PC using Firefox.
smoker

Post by smoker »

The browser will have to be set to accept the cookie for this board or automatic log on doesn't work

You should be able to set the browser unless your tech in charge has set the complete system to deny cookies which I doubt