My first two pipes...

For discussion of the drilling and shaping of the stummel.
bscofield

My first two pipes...

Post by bscofield »

The pipes pictured need to be cleaned, a little more sanding, and waxed but I thought I'd post the pictures that I have. The "cube" pipe has an INCREDIBLE grain on one side, decent on the other... The other pipe actually has a big crack in the side but everyone I show it to seems to think that it adds lots of character.
I'm keeping the one with "character" and I'm going to ebay the "cube" just to see if anyone's interested. If not, I won't mind keeping it for myself cause I like it. The only benefit for me would be to help off-set my next briar purchase.

anyway... go to:

http://www.scofield.cc/pipes/

you'll see a pic list than you can look through...

FYI I just added some finished pics of the "cube" pipe (labeled "finish1-6.JPG").
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Way to go!

It is always a joy to see the work of new carvers.

Keep up the good work.

Tyler
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Nice work! I really like your outside-the-box thinking on the cube.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
jeff

Post by jeff »

Nice pipes, B Scofield (any relation to John?)

Tyler, these links make a nice segway into us (or just me) suggesting that you have a forum, page, etc. where we can upload (small) pictures (not too small!) of our most recent work for comments by all you more experiences fellas. I think it would be a nice and logical extension to the comments that are going on here already.

Perhaps, it can be a kind of rolling archive that purges every few weeks, months, or so so that you don't use up too much space on the server and get charged tons of extra money. Anyway, its just a suggestion.

Take care,

Jeff
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Jeff,

I think that is a great idea. I'll do some research to see if there is a better way to do it, but in the meantime, I'll make a section in this forum for showing your work. You can just start a new thread in that section everytime you want to show everyone your work. Inside that thread you can paste in photos.

Thanks for the idea Jeff.

Tyler
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

No direction relation to John Scofield that I know of... but my great-grandpa always said that anyone that spelled their name with no "H" (Schofield) was related to us somehow...