Which Sand paper is best?

For discussion of the drilling and shaping of the stummel.
Sasquatch

Re: Which Sand paper is best?

Post by Sasquatch »

Try 'em both and see.

Usually, there isn't "one right answer" with this stuff.

Somebody mentioned Klingspor, and I've had some good Klingspor discs for sure. But for me, Norton is not as good as other brands. I bought some of the 3x pads from a "specialty" supply place, and used em once and threw them out, drove 60 clicks to get Sia pads.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Sebastian Heck

Post by Sebastian Heck »

A latecomer, as always in this forum… 😃
caskwith wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:34 am I like mirka abrasives, their whole range is pretty good.
Which type/line of Mirka do you use? The WPF? Gold? Also for wetsanding?
dogcatcher

Post by dogcatcher »

I used klingspor for years. I order online because their shipping cost are real fair. Quick service and everything sanding you can think of. They also carry a lot of other stuff I use.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

dogcatcher wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:32 am I used klingspor for years. I order online because their shipping cost are real fair. Quick service and everything sanding you can think of. They also carry a lot of other stuff I use.
Don't know if it's the same stuff but Klingspor in the UK has been very poor quality in my experience.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Sebastian Heck wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:52 pm A latecomer, as always in this forum… 😃
caskwith wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:34 am I like mirka abrasives, their whole range is pretty good.
Which type/line of Mirka do you use? The WPF? Gold? Also for wetsanding?
Depends what is available. It's all good quality so I don't think it will make a huge difference which specific range you choose. I use it for all stages of hand sanding and I use the WPF (we call it wet 'n' dry in the UK) for wet sanding.
Sebastian Heck

Post by Sebastian Heck »

Thanks Chris. Have you used the Mirka Mirlon handpads? Are they any good for handsanding?
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

I don't have any experience with the Mirlon pads, sorry.