preshaped stummels

For discussion of the drilling and shaping of the stummel.
wisemanpipes

preshaped stummels

Post by wisemanpipes »

looking to get some preshaped stummels that are unfinished. they are turned by a machine with only the tobacco chamber drilled. i was getting a few of them for practicing my staining and also to cut down on price and time on pipes for my family and friends.

i was wondering if it is considered sacrilegious to do this or if it is common practice. does anyone else do this and sell pipes like normal with their stamp. sorry if im asking a personal question, just want to know. FTR i do shape and turn all my bowl from scratch that i sell. dont judge me!!! :cry:

evan
Sasquatch

Re: preshaped stummels

Post by Sasquatch »

Usually when this is done, it's done as a second or alternate line, and with full disclosure.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
The Smoking Yeti

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

ahhhhh i see. always wondered what that line meant, why a talbert pipe would go so cheap was odd to me, good to know yeti. and of course, always full disclosure, but its mainly for people who dont smoke and want to start/ try it. thought i could cut my costs down a bit and not waste some of my good blocks. Samantha on ebay sells some nice stummels for fairly cheap if anybody reading is interested.

thanks my north & south of the border mountain beast neighbours

evan
pipeguy

Post by pipeguy »

I have a bunch there great for practice or fo sale " as metionioned above"
"I never knew how empty was my soul untill it was filled" Arthur
http://www.clarkpipes.com
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

I bought a few from Sam a while back. Shipping was quick and the stummels were great. I drilled one and used it as my shop pipe for a while. The rest are still sitting on the shelf waiting for a relative who just has to have one of my pipes (and is never gonna smoke the damned thing).
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com