GL Pease Fog City Collection

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

GL Pease Fog City Collection

Post by KurtHuhn »

Anyone else try Montgomery and Telegraph Hill? These tobaccos hold a special place in my heart as San Francisco is the one city that I've been to in the U.S. that I *like*. The city and I, we get along.

Anyway, I've been surprised by these blends, since I'm normaly a latakia lover, but these virginia blends from Greg have me loving virgina tobaccos now.

More later, when I'm awake enough to post a review....
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

Montgomery wasn't bad. I bit of age will do it some good. I liked Telegraph Hill. Very nice peppery flavor. It could use a bit more body IMO though. To much on the high end of the scale and not enough low notes.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I've had one bowl of Telegraph Hill and none of Montgomery, so no reviews from me yet. I did buy a tin each in Chicago to cellar and check out in a year or two. I'm a big GLPease fan, so I suspect I'll like them.

My favorite GLP is Haddo's. I cracked a tin from 2000 last night. Yum.

Tyler
ScoJo

Post by ScoJo »

Interestingly while I wasn't bowled over by Montgomery, I enjoyed Telegraph Hill quite a bit. I couldn't talk myself into buying any in Chicago, though. And then a couple of days ago I ordered some online and paid more for it than I would have had I just bought it at the show. Some increased talk about it recently convinced me. Oh well.
marks

Post by marks »

I'm about half way through the tin of Montgomery I bought. I doubt that this one will be on my accumulate list as this one just doesn't do it for me. I still haven't tried Telegraph Hill yet, but I plan on picking up a tin as soon as my local tobacconist gets one, or at the Richmond show, whichever comes first.

That being said, I typically prefer my virginias in flake form, and I have found very few ribbon cut virginia tobaccos that I like. I do like Cumberland a lot, but with the big burley punch, it is a different animal. I have also found that I like Stratford, but not as much as I like Va flakes.