Billiard...ugh!

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
JMG

Billiard...ugh!

Post by JMG »

I swear this pipe doesn't have as much of a gut on it as it looks like in the pictures (not sure what's up with that.) Anyway, I swear I tried to follow your guys advice after my last attempt at a billiard, even if it doesn't look like it...there really isn't much room for interpretation is there? Anyway, the stem is too long and there are a couple dings b/c sssooommmeeebody may have drop the pipe on a concrete floor right before these pics.

Anyways, I would really appreciate any critique you guys are willing to give. Thanks.

The stem looks cattywampus here, but it's not twisted, I swear...

"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
RDPowell

Re: Billiard...ugh!

Post by RDPowell »

Well, beings no one has replied I'll just give you my worthless two cents.
I know I'll probably catch hell for this but, like I said, my opinion is of no value really but, you'd at least have a reply.
It might even spark some else's opinion that's worth something. :lol:
My eye sees a little too much meat left at the shank bowl transition and the stem looks a bit too long and straight.
I would shorten it and bend it down level with the bowl but, that's me.
The bowl looks a little big for the diameter of the shank but, I think that's just one persons opinion as to aesthetics maybe.
Okay, you can ignore all that now and wait for a real opinion if you haven't already.
Reckon I was just bored and felt you'd waited long enough for a reply. :lol:
rdpipes.briar.club
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Your bowl appears to cant to the back and is rounded over at the top.It is a nice pipe and you did a good job on the stem, but you need more of a bend to it. Hope this helps. I looked at it briefly, one of those days. Some of the pictures are blurry. May be my computer. Your transition needs to be cleaner on shank to bowl.Thanks for showing. Good luck on your Jungle adventure. You do a lot of good!
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I reckon resurrecting last year's thread for a guy who just left for Africa for about 3 years is probably not time well spent. :thumbsup:
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

Sasquatch wrote:I reckon resurrecting last year's thread for a guy who just left for Africa for about 3 years is probably not time well spent. :thumbsup:
Canadians. Any place that doesn't produce maple syrup and poutine is 'Africa'. :P
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

TRS wrote: Canadians. Any place that doesn't produce maple syrup and poutine is 'Africa'.
True. But they say such things in only in the most dulcet, friendly tone of voice.

UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

TRS wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:I reckon resurrecting last year's thread for a guy who just left for Africa for about 3 years is probably not time well spent. :thumbsup:
Canadians. Any place that doesn't produce maple syrup and poutine is 'Africa'. :P

Well.... yeah. He didn't go to Russia, so what's that leave?
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!