bjv 2

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bubbajvegas

bjv 2

Post by bubbajvegas »

this was the second attempt and decided to try the anse shape,totally rushed...took about 4 hrs...lesson learnt...bowl shaped badly,stem/shank too fat,button garbage,let me have it guys

ImageImageImageImageImage
wdteipen

Re: bjv 2

Post by wdteipen »

Keep making them. Don't be afraid to take off more material. You already have a handle on what to focus on to improve by you own critique. One thing I did notice on both the pipes you posted is that your tobacco chamber looks a little charred. Sharper bits and/or slower drilling speed should correct that.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
bubbajvegas

Post by bubbajvegas »

yeah...the bits need some working on...did them myself...slowest speed on lathe which is 700
bubbajvegas

Post by bubbajvegas »

after trying to mess with the button and going through

I took the opportunity to rework a little so I think it's a bit better than original but still a bit of a fatty

ImageImageImageImage
calsbeek

Post by calsbeek »

I dig the staining.
what colors and process did you use?
bubbajvegas

Post by bubbajvegas »

don't really know any techniques yet so after pre polish i just applied black leather dye and once dry buffed off with polish and it sort of left the finish...then carnauba....just a fluke how it turned out i suppose....i gots a lot to learn :lol:
calsbeek

Post by calsbeek »

well it works.
:)