My Second Pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Mtlayne

My Second Pipe

Post by Mtlayne »

This is my Second Pipe. It was supposed to be a Dublin, but I feel that I went off track somewhere in the process. This is my second pipe kit. Everything was done with my dremel tool, and old fashion sanding. Let me have it!!

Mtlayne

Re: My Second Pipe

Post by Mtlayne »

Sooo Did I just craft the holy grail of pipes that it left you guys speechless???? :D
finster

Post by finster »

Nice second pipe. Take a look at some other dublins in the gallery and you'll see a lot of feedback that applies here (shank work, bowl shape refinement, stem work). More likely why you're hearing crickets. :wink:
calsbeek

Post by calsbeek »

I'm no expert but I'd say you could take more off of the bottom of the bowl where it meets the shank (the shank looks too wide at the junction to my untrained eye).

the bowl is clearly a bit asymmetrical especially when viewed from above (2nd pic)....I have the same issues. Hand shaping these things is so hard relative to the symmetry you get with good lathe work.

Your staining is nice but I don't think the stem color matches well.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

Use files and rasps also.. They help ... Kurt Hahn made a billiard once with his dremel.. You couldn't tell the difference .. Look it up.. It's not the tools... It's the foresight and patience

James
Mtlayne

Post by Mtlayne »

Thanks guys