Billiard #4

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Houncer

Billiard #4

Post by Houncer »

Here for your critique is my 4th pipe, another billiard. The shank length on the ebauchon was a bit long so I had to cut some off, re-drill the mortise and face the end. I haven't hooked up my lathe yet so I just did it in the drill press. I'm still not thrilled with my staining (dark spots here & there) but I guess at this point my primary focus should be shaping. There were a few sand pits/cracks on the front of the bowl and I may try my hand at rustication with this pipe a little later.

As always, I appreciate and guidance and suggestions!

-Chris

kamkiel

Re: Billiard #4

Post by kamkiel »

Not too bad. If you clean up the bowl/shank transition it will look more defined. On the next one try canting the bowl forward a few degrees. The shank is pretty straight, but looks like it bulges out a little near the bowl. Good job!
Houncer

Re: Billiard #4

Post by Houncer »

Thanks for the feedback Kiel! I have one more kit to work on before I start drilling my own chambers. I will can't it forward when that time comes. I will continue to work on my shaping & keep checking with the straight edge. Thanks again.

Chris