Billiard #5

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Houncer

Billiard #5

Post by Houncer »

Here is my 5th pipe, another straight billiard from a Vermont Freehand kit. I am out of kits so it's time to get my lathe wired and turning.

When I look at my pictures I see that I could have removed more material on the bottom of the pipe to make the line straight. I swear my straightedge said it was straight as I sanded! The top rim of the bowl is also uneven and I am hoping that using a lathe will help me there.

Thanks again for your critiques, I look forward to making another billiard soon!

-Chris

wdteipen

Re: Billiard #5

Post by wdteipen »

Nice!
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Houncer

Post by Houncer »

Thanks Wayne!
sandahlpipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

Looking forward to seeing what you will do with a lathe. This is a pretty nice shape. Aside from the unevenness, it's even a decent billiard, which is impressive for as short as you've been making pipes.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
Houncer

Post by Houncer »

Thanks Jeremiah! I am indeed anxious to get my lathe going. It is a Southbend 9A with a motor from the 1940s. With the existing drum switch I can only figure out how to make the lathe run forward so I am having an electrician figure it all out because I don't want to electrocute myself pr burn my house down! My dad is a machinist & retiring this year so I have a great lathe instructor at my disposal.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Not too bad. Keep them coming.