My Devil Anse!

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
smokindawg

My Devil Anse!

Post by smokindawg »

Well, it's been quite some time. I haven't worked on making a pipe in over 2 years. I lost my dad and brother both in a 6 month period and it hit me harder than I wanted to admit. Between that and then helping my mom with things at her house over the term of a couple years and work, I just lost interest and couldn't bring myself to do any pipe work. I even for some reason stopped smoking pipes. Several times I'd walk out to work in the garage or machine room and thought, I may as well sell all the pipe making stuff and all the supplies I've accumulated.

Well, I never did and I'm glad of that. I just enjoy playing with pipes too much and today jumped back in.

I picked up a pipe I started over two years ago and went to work on it. It still isn't finished but it's a lot closer than it was. I see a few things I want/need to do to it but wanted to post a picture, more for myself I guess than anything. Mostly to let myself know I'm back.

Take a look and if you want to feel free to give feedback, but it's not required.

This pipe is my version of the Devil Anse pipe that was popular for a while. That will tell you how long it's been for my pipe making.

Now that I look at the pipe, it looks pretty crappy........ But, at least I'm back in the shop!
Pipe Maker in the Making!
Sasquatch

Re: My Devil Anse!

Post by Sasquatch »

"Now that I look at the pipe, it looks pretty crappy........ But, at least I'm back in the shop!"

This is generally how I feel when I take pictures of my pipes, so we're in this together. :thumbsup:
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Alden

Post by Alden »

Glad you're back. That kind of thing hits you hard and can take years to get over. 2013 I lost my best friend, then my Father, then my Sister, had me out of step for a long time.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Glad you're back at it and thanks for sharing your story.
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard