Volcano

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
timberwolfer21

Volcano

Post by timberwolfer21 »

A volcano for your review and critique.
A gift for my sons 19th birthday.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sandahlpipe

Re: Volcano

Post by sandahlpipe »

Not a bad shape. I've never been able to get a plateaux bottomed pipe where I was happy with the transition from briar to stem. This one is close.

I like the overall profile of the shape. I think it could use a little more definition between bowl and shank.

The biggest thing, though, is that you've got the button wider than the stem. You want to end the sides of the button at the same width of the stem blade. Also, you could probably smooth out the slot a bit more. The slot should be shiny.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
timberwolfer21

Post by timberwolfer21 »

Great stuff Jeremiah. The slot gave me fits. I was able to widen the funnel, but it does look rough. I'll give it a thorough filing and sanding.
sig

Post by sig »

That natural bottom is super sexy. Nicely done! just watch out for the button width as Sandahl said.
timberwolfer21

Volcano

Post by timberwolfer21 »

sig wrote:That natural bottom is super sexy. Nicely done! just watch out for the button width as Sandahl said.
Thank you Sig! I trimmed up that button and my son is happily puffing away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk