Brett Leonard

Tell us who you are.
Reise

Brett Leonard

Post by Reise »

Hello everyone!

Years a pipe smoker: 12

How you got into pipe making: Pipe making was very facinating to me and I wanted to give it a try, so I purchased some predrilled kits from Mark Tinsky and Vermont Freehand. I really enjoyed the experiences and have taken a strong interest since. I have been trying to learn as much as I can about well engineered pipes, techniques and anything/everything about what makes a well made pipe.

Other interesting facts: I lived in Japan for a couple of years and started smoking a pipe there. The lifestyle allowed for some time for reflective/contemplative thought and relaxation time. I enjoyed spending time smoking a pipe and taking things in.

The forum has been great to read through and I look forward to talking with everyone & meeting others with a passion for pipe making.

Brett
sandahlpipe

Re: Brett Leonard

Post by sandahlpipe »

Welcome!
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
Reise

Post by Reise »

Thank you!
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Nice to meet you Brett! I'm currently living in Port Huron. If you're ever out this way, give me shout!
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
Reise

Post by Reise »

Will do, thank you!
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

Welcome Brett!
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Welcome!!!
Reise

Post by Reise »

Thank you!
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Hi Brett

Though this forum doesn't have as much discussion as it once did---because most subjects have been covered (many of them repeatedly) in its 13 years of existence---it still gets a lot of traffic as a reference source.

But don't think for a minute that a good question, tool or technique discovery, etc. won't bring all manner of seasoned pros out of the woodwork. They all have this place bookmarked and check for interesting new threads regularly.

Also, there's a creature who shows up occasionally on this board from Alberta, Canadia who claims to be human (he isn't), and seems like a nice guy (he isn't that, either), who might invite you to drop by sometime, but don't be fooled. He's eight feet tall, weighs 700 pounds, and he only wants to eat you. He thinned the local population of naive & trusting people so much that he's now using the Internet to extend his reach, is all. You've been warned.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
CondorPipes

Post by CondorPipes »

Welcome Brett,
I too have spent a little time in Japan and LOVED it! Your point about having some contemplative time to smoke your pipe is so true, one of the things I really enjoyed over there. I look forward to seeing how your pipe making journey unfolds.

Sean
Reise

Post by Reise »

LatakiaLover wrote:Hi Brett

Though this forum doesn't have as much discussion as it once did---because most subjects have been covered (many of them repeatedly) in its 13 years of existence---it still gets a lot of traffic as a reference source.

But don't think for a minute that a good question, tool or technique discovery, etc. won't bring all manner of seasoned pros out of the woodwork. They all have this place bookmarked and check for interesting new threads regularly.

Also, there's a creature who shows up occasionally on this board from Alberta, Canadia who claims to be human (he isn't), and seems like a nice guy (he isn't that, either), who might invite you to drop by sometime, but don't be fooled. He's eight feet tall, weighs 700 pounds, and he only wants to eat you. He thinned the local population of naive & trusting people so much that he's now using the Internet to extend his reach, is all. You've been warned.

Thank you!
Reise

Post by Reise »

CondorPipes wrote:Welcome Brett,
I too have spent a little time in Japan and LOVED it! Your point about having some contemplative time to smoke your pipe is so true, one of the things I really enjoyed over there. I look forward to seeing how your pipe making journey unfolds.

Sean

Thank you much.
Where abouts in Japan did you spend time? I lived in a town called Otsu, in the Shiga prefecture. About 10 minutes from Kyoto City.
CondorPipes

Post by CondorPipes »

Brett,
I went to Numazu in the Shizuoka Prefecture, I was really just an extended vacation but would love to go back and spend much more time there. Got to check out Tokyo and Kyoto as well. Met some really great people, got to climb Mt. Fuji and had so really great food. Wish I could have hooked up with some of the great Japanese carvers while I was there.