Linearone

Tell us who you are.
linearone

Linearone

Post by linearone »

Years a pipe smoker: 1 1/2
How you got into pipe making: picked up the hobby of pipe refurbishment and haven't looked back. Just bought some briar blocks at the NY pipe show and figured why not give it a go. It should make for another rewarding hobby.
Other interesting facts: I have loads of hobbies already. I am into cb and ham radio, love to design and build custom radio electronics, have a limited background in hobby machining, build furniture, enjoy working on and restoring old cars, specifically air cooled VWs and my father's packards.
DocAitch

Re: Linearone

Post by DocAitch »

Welcome. This can become an obsession that will quickly crowd out those other hobbies. I haven't loaded a round of ammo or fired a gun in months, and that was a consuming hobby before I got back into this.
DocAitch
"Hettinger, if you stamp 'hand made' on a dog turd, some one will buy it."
-Charles Hollyday, pipe maker, reluctant mentor, and curmudgeon
" Never show an idiot an unfinished pipe!"- same guy
Rbraniganpipes

Post by Rbraniganpipes »

Welcome to the forum Greg!

I grew up in Central New York, in the Cooperstown/ Oneonta area. Glad to see pipe making taking place in New York! Like Doc said, you can become addicted to pipe making. It is such a fun hobby to be a part of, and you have come to the right place for any and all help you may have with any questions throughout the process.

Looking forward to seeing what you create!
R.Branigan Pipes
seamonster

Post by seamonster »

Ha! I grew up in Webster, and went to school at Alfred. I've been in the Pacific Northwest for 20 years, but upstate New York is a special place.

sent from my blah-dee-blah using hooty-hoo
instagram.com/seamonster_workshop/