OCTEEL

Tell us who you are.
OCTEEL

OCTEEL

Post by OCTEEL »

Years a pipe smoker: on and off since my early 20’s

How you got into pipe making: kind of by accident. Was just talking with a friend about pipes, and buying a new one. decided to see if I could go about making my own instead. Bought a block kit, carved it, posted it on my Instagram account, and several people contacted me about making pipes within the next few weeks. That was just 6 months ago. Bought a bunch of raw materials and have been trying to figure it out since. I’ve always had a love of working with my hands, and designing things, so it seemed like it would be a fun hobbie.

Other interesting facts: I am a tattooer and artist by profession. I have two daughters that keep me endlessly busy. I play the didgeridoo, and preform at a monthly sound meditation. I collect and grow cactus, have for 13 years. I’ve built and designed several didgeridoos,as well as my old greenhouse.
I just really enjoy the process of designing and making things, especially with wood.

Lastly I’d like to say, thanks for having me here, I had no clue what I was getting myself into making my first pipe. My ideas quickly consumed me, and I realized my pipe crafting skills were garbage compared to my years of designing and drawing . Hopefully they can meet in the middle and I can make some nice pipes. Thanks, Matt ( OCTEEL )