latakia tobacco brands

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
devilshornpipe

latakia tobacco brands

Post by devilshornpipe »

Guess this should be "aimed" at LatakiaLover . . . Recently resumed pipe smoking after a "hiatus" of 50 years. Could use suggestions on a couple or three brands of good tobacco with latakia content. Tks. - devislhornpipe
Flygare

Re: latakia tobacco brands

Post by Flygare »

Try Mac Barens ”Latakia flake”. Their ”Vintage syrian” was a brilliant latakia blend but is discontinued. Have not tried the replacement ”Vintage latakia” but the HH-series are usually high quality. If you would like to venture outside latakia territory but like full flavor smokes you should try Mac Barens ”Old dark fired”.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

I stopped smoking latakia 14 years ago, the week I discovered Dark Fired Kentucky. Only kept the boardname because I'd had it for years.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
RickB

Post by RickB »

LatakiaLover wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:17 pm I stopped smoking latakia 14 years ago, the week I discovered Dark Fired Kentucky. Only kept the boardname because I'd had it for years.
I loved it for so long but at some point it became a cold-weather only tobacco for me, whereas DFK is a tobacco for all seasons. :lol:
Chronicling my general ineptitude and misadventures in learning pipe making here: https://www.instagram.com/rustynailbriars/
seamonster

Post by seamonster »

I love latakia. I'm curious now about dark fired....

Here are my go-to blends:
-Peterson Nightcap.... just as good!
-Ashley's Artisan Blend
-Drucquer and son's Levant Mixture
-C&D Byzantium
instagram.com/seamonster_workshop/
n80

Post by n80 »

I usually smoke aromatics but I like H&H BlackHouse. Mostly in cold months. It has dark fired Kentucky and Latakia. Funky but good.
Sir_Saartan

Post by Sir_Saartan »

I wasn’t expecting there would be anything useful I could contribute to this forum.

I love Latakia blends. And While there are lots of good ones, if you can get your hands on the HU tobacco Latakia blends: they are very good. If you have a chance to try fayyum go for it. Lots of Latakia but very smooth and sweet.

Another good one is DTM old Ironsides and Peter Heinrichs English Balkan.
The Tan Saarlander