Hello Everyone

Tell us who you are.
Paul Mathews

Hello Everyone

Post by Paul Mathews »

Years a pipe smoker: Off and on for 40 years.

How you got into pipe making: I love functional art. I enjoy taking raw materials and turning them into something that is both functional and aesthetically appealing. So far I’ve only “made” one pipe from a Carve Your Own pipe I bought from Pipes and Tobacco. It kind sorta looks like a bent billiard if you squint hard enough.

I will probably make 2 or 3 more from kits before I step up to drilling my own briar. In the meantime I hope to learn much from the makers on this forum.

Other interesting facts: I am a “hobby” knife maker for the last 13 years; hence my love for functional art. I hope to turn it into a source of actual income some day. I’ll post pictures of a few I’ve made in the appropriate sub forum.
CondorPipes

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by CondorPipes »

Hey Paul,

Welcome. I was reading over your post and suddenly realized I've actually been to Alexandria, LA. That was the first time I'd had cracklins, étouffée and crawfish. I seem to recall a drive thru daiquiri place there that made some very strong drinks but I digress. Looking forward to seeing some of your knives. I've always been interested in giving it a try but I'm afraid it will turn out to be another expensive hobby LOL.

Sean