blawrie

Tell us who you are.
blawrie

blawrie

Post by blawrie »

Hello Everyone!

Years a pipe smoker: less than 1
How you got into pipe making: I really love the art associated with pipes and creativity. I smoke for certain occasions and want to make it more of an experience and personal.
Other interesting facts: I travel a lot, am very active and bought my first pipe at a Renaissance Faire and have fallen in love ever since with pipes and flavored tobacco.

I'm really excited about being on this forum. I had posted on Reddit's pipe making forum and this is one of the websites that was suggested as a great resource. My goal this year is to carve my own pipe. I'm very mobile and so I have limited access to tools which makes this is a bit complicated. I'd appreciate any advice, tools or suggestions you can throw my way.
CondorPipes

Re: blawrie

Post by CondorPipes »

Hey Betsy,

Welcome. As to your question about pipe carving with limited access to tools, it could be a little challenging but not impossible. I would probably suggest you start with a pre-drilled pipe kit. You can find them at velrmontfreehand.com and rawkrafted.com to name a few. That way all you really need are a few hand tools (files, rasp, sand paper, dremel tool, etc) to shape it. From there you may want to get a drill press and tendon cutting tool if you decide to drill your own blocks. Just a few thoughts, hope that helps.

Sean