Thanks for the add to the forum!

Tell us who you are.
Mark88

Thanks for the add to the forum!

Post by Mark88 »

My name's Mark Berg and I'm 48. I was born and raised northeast Texas, and I'm living back here the last 9 years after 21 years in NC, MO, Germany, Italy, and California while in the military. I've been an on and off pipe smoker over the years, way more off than on and never seriously until the last year and a half, and now it's a daily thing and I'm deep into it in many ways. I regret not having taken it more seriously long ago.

I've completed 2 pipes from hobby kits, am working on 3 more, and have spent the better part of the last year learning everything I can get my hands and eyes on about pipe making and collecting tools, practicing on scraps, and learning what I like/don't like about different pipe styles. I'm just the artistic, hands-on type that loves to make things I can use. The balance between functionality, creativity/art, and exacting standards that pipe making offers is right up my alley.

Thanks for having me, and I'm really looking forward to all the information here.
Frank the Pipe Guy

Re: Thanks for the add to the forum!

Post by Frank the Pipe Guy »

Hey Mark:

I'm a new guy here too, I guess we will learn more together.
I have made 6 pipes so far, I like 3 of the 6, at the moment I'm more parcel to the Denmark freehand style, but that may change later, we shall see.

Have a great day
Frank Ritchie