Accidental pipe mechanic

Tell us who you are.
BIGJ1967

Accidental pipe mechanic

Post by BIGJ1967 »

hello
Years smoking a pipe:11

A little back story on me, I'm a Peace Officer for the state of California and I do Machinist work and gunsmithing on the side, I've been smoking pipes for quite a while and for the last few years I have been refurbing estate pipes, I currently have 97 pipes in my collection. I am a member of almost all of the groups and I was one of the first members of the Pipe Smokers of Ireland facebook page. I've been around, lol. Anyway a little over a month ago my friend and mentor Mike Seigal owner of the Cigar Monkey passed on and I've been tasked with doing pipe repair out of his shop, which I dont mind in the least cause it helps me do my part in keeping his legacy and that of his shop going. I look forward to this new journey and conversing with you fine people. Have a great day all.

Justin
32*
Sasquatch

Re: Accidental pipe mechanic

Post by Sasquatch »

I think a bunch of us in here got started with "Oh shit I gotta fix this somehow" so you're in good company! :thumbsup:
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
brownleafbeardsman

Re: Accidental pipe mechanic

Post by brownleafbeardsman »

BIGJ1967 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:17 am hello
Years smoking a pipe:11

A little back story on me, I'm a Peace Officer for the state of California and I do Machinist work and gunsmithing on the side, I've been smoking pipes for quite a while and for the last few years I have been refurbing estate pipes, I currently have 97 pipes in my collection. I am a member of almost all of the groups and I was one of the first members of the Pipe Smokers of Ireland facebook page. I've been around, lol. Anyway a little over a month ago my friend and mentor Mike Seigal owner of the Cigar Monkey passed on and I've been tasked with doing pipe repair out of his shop, which I dont mind in the least cause it helps me do my part in keeping his legacy and that of his shop going. I look forward to this new journey and conversing with you fine people. Have a great day all.

Justin
32*
Welcome, Justin! I hope to see some pipes that you make/repair soon, my friend.