seraf

Tell us who you are.
seraf

seraf

Post by seraf »

Years a pipe smoker: 16 years of pipe smoking, on and off, more and more regularly (I’m an old cigarette smoker).

How you got into pipe making: 8 years ago (2014) I went deep into pipe tobacco and tobacco pipes--I informed myself as much as I could about this renewed passion. I didn't smoke and think about tobacco pipe stuff during the COVID era till 2-3 months ago. As I got access to some interesting OTC pipe tobacco nearby and being better equipped lately to jump into pipe making, I decided to try making one. And lo' and behold, I made myself a tobacco pipe! I'm so proud of my first tobacco pipe that I got a second pipe kit and I'm about to finish it this week.

Other interesting facts: I'm an ex-web developer/IT Consultant. I'm invalidated by a chronic disease, I consider myself retired. I speak French and Portuguese also, and I can understand Spanish. I translated 2 books in French on the Blockchain subject. I love extreme metal music (you call that noise, music? :lol: ) and arts in general. On and off bookworm, I love pasta and sushies!
DocAitch

Re: seraf

Post by DocAitch »

Welcome to the forum.
You have picked a good way to start, most of us have started with kits.
Enjoy the process
DocAitch
"Hettinger, if you stamp 'hand made' on a dog turd, some one will buy it."
-Charles Hollyday, pipe maker, reluctant mentor, and curmudgeon
" Never show an idiot an unfinished pipe!"- same guy