Big English-y Billiard

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
LatakiaLover

Big English-y Billiard

Post by LatakiaLover »

Though repair work is my thing, I enjoy making a whole pipe from time to time.

Why this particular one? I'm growing to like big pipes, but they are difficult to find in classic shapes, and swoopy, tulip-bowled freehands don't flip my switch.

UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
JMG

Re: Big English-y Billiard

Post by JMG »

There's an ever-so-slight Danish'esque aesthetic. Who even are you?
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Jesus, George! You really do have to stop saying you're not a pipemaker. Reminds me of a similar recent experience. I've been hitting the speaker circuit teaching/talking about ultrasound anatomy relative to vascular access and I always start my talks with, "I'm an educator not a public speaker." I've given the presentation at conferences a dozen or so times across the US this year. Recently, one of the doctors that speaks at the same conferences told me I publicly speak so often and so well that I really can't say that anymore. Reminds me of a certain person who occasionally makes pipes. :wink:
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
SofaSamuraiX

Post by SofaSamuraiX »

Ya, that is a nice looking pipe!
JMG

Post by JMG »

wdteipen wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:16 pm Jesus, George! You really do have to stop saying you're not a pipemaker. Reminds me of a similar recent experience. I've been hitting the speaker circuit teaching/talking about ultrasound anatomy relative to vascular access and I always start my talks with, "I'm an educator not a public speaker." I've given the presentation at conferences a dozen or so times across the US this year. Recently, one of the doctors that speaks at the same conferences told me I publicly speak so often and so well that I really can't say that anymore. Reminds me of a certain person who occasionally makes pipes. :wink:
He's like that guy that says "Oh, a just a little," when you ask him if he plays guitar...and then proceeds to drop jaws.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Thanks for the props, guys, but I just copy stuff. True pipemakers see shapes in their mind, sketch 'em on paper or briar blocks, and produce a three dimensional object of what they saw.

Since they also get violently attacked by briar dust 24/7 and are engaged in an endless battle with the Briar Defect Queen---a total psycho bitch who enjoys torturing pipe carvers---I'm pretty sure I have the better gig, too. lol
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

JMG wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:45 pm
wdteipen wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:16 pm Jesus, George! You really do have to stop saying you're not a pipemaker. Reminds me of a similar recent experience. I've been hitting the speaker circuit teaching/talking about ultrasound anatomy relative to vascular access and I always start my talks with, "I'm an educator not a public speaker." I've given the presentation at conferences a dozen or so times across the US this year. Recently, one of the doctors that speaks at the same conferences told me I publicly speak so often and so well that I really can't say that anymore. Reminds me of a certain person who occasionally makes pipes. :wink:
He's like that guy that says "Oh, a just a little," when you ask him if he plays guitar...and then proceeds to drop jaws.
Yeah, he just tinkers around with it a bit. :lol: :lol:
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Dang, that is beautiful!
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/