Love this stem

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
PapaDuke

Love this stem

Post by PapaDuke »

I ran across this pipe on ebay and had to have it.
Which has become one of my favorites in the rack.

Has anyone seen other pipes with stems like these?
I would love to find a stock of these for my own pipes!

As far as the pipe goes..
It's a "Sardinian Castelsardo" with Wonderful wood grain and smokes great.

I purchased this one too
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

I do like that stem material. Hope we can find a vendor.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
Tano

Post by Tano »

Aside from its interesting look,you would be able to control the sanding, and know exactlly where you need to be. Right?
Tano.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Looks like its just clear lucite with the drilling colored some how. Radice does this too.
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

Hello,

the German reseller "Schneiderwind" has sold pipes with similar stems! Ther is a homepage under http://www.schneiderwind.de, but I think, that ther are no pipes with this stems in his onlineshop. However it might be worth a try to send an email.

I buyed two of this pipes which are brandmarkt with "Schneiderwind", so ther must be a pipemaker in Germany, who made this pipes for the dealer, because Schneiderwind doesn't make pipes by himself.

The owner of the shop is Mr. Offermanns in Aachen, near Cologne.

Grettings

Heinz_D
PapaDuke

Post by PapaDuke »

Thanks Heinz,
Only problem is my German is really rusty since I only took it in Jr. High some 30 years ago!
And I couldn't get the English button to work? But hey the pictures show up in English! haha..

Everyone, I did some more looking into these pipes to help find where / how to get the stems.

I believe I've identified some more information on the pipes. They seem to have been made under the name of Alberto Paronelli from Italy.
What I can tell is he's a very well-known pipemaker now in his 80's http://www.theitalianpipe.com/

It looks like the company or craftsman may be Gardinia Bria or most likely "Gardinia Briar" and the r didn't show up on the stamp. OR
"Paronelli Castelsardo"

The pipe is made from Sardinia Briar out of Sardinia Italy.

One of the sales pitches was "Non-Oxidizing Acrylic Stem"
So far mine has held up clear as the day I bought the pipes.

Can anyone shed any more light on anything I listed above?
Thanks!
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

Dear PapaDuke,

I'm living just 10 km from "Schneiderwind" and I'm a good known customer...

I'll ask for pipes with this stemps on my next visit (perhaps tomorrow - my favorit tobacco is nearly at the end), but the pipes I buyed a couple of years ago are some of the cheaper serial-models...

Perhaps ther are still some models left, but I wonder, if you want to buy whole pipes just to get stems for your own work. :dunno:

But I'll ask and tell you as soon as possible - it may be possible, that I can get any information about the pipemaker and/or the stems...

Greetings,

Heinz_D
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

Hello again,

I'm just back home from my little shopping-tour to "Schneiderwind"... I asked for the pipes with the lovely stems, but two years ago the chief clerk of the shop has changed to the son of Mr. Offermanns and he could'nt remember this serie of pipes. Fortunatley I was clever enough to show him one of my pipes and he asked the older shop assistants. One of them remembered, that this serie came from John Aylesbury even if they've been labled for "Schneiderwind".

So the problem is, that John Aylesbury may also not be the maker of this pipes, I think. I may be wrong, but in my opinion Aylesbury don't produce pipes by himself too and so it's still difficult to figure out any further information abot this stems...

Greetings,

Heinz