gun drill and grinding wheel for stemshank

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
smokepiper

gun drill and grinding wheel for stemshank

Post by smokepiper »

First it´s a gundrill used for tobaccochanbers leaves a 600grit surface. The other is a grinding wheel 380-240grit all the slits is to be grindstrips in mine has lost a few, got to fill it up again. It´s used for making a perfect match for stem and shank, it´s a hard skill learning so use trash for practise. Image Image Image Image

any questions just ask..
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nice drill bit. Where did you get it?
smokepiper

about gundrill

Post by smokepiper »

you make it from "hope i spell this right" silverdeamed steel rod. Cut the rod in half by the length 2/3 and grind the top round like the bottom of the chamber, use dremel to make the cutting edge along the cutting side. See pic. the cutting edge must have a sharp edge pointing out from the drillbit if it should cut properley. It is selfbalanced never shakes or twists just predrill to 16mm if the chamber is 18mm the cutting surface is like 600 grit grind if it´s made right. Give me a notise if you need more info.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

That is a fine looking chamber bit there. I would also like to know where you got that. I would love to have one of Ken Lamb's bits, but they are too rich for my blood.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
smokepiper

drillbit

Post by smokepiper »

I ordered from Ken and got the wrong stuff and have been waiting for him to be heard from. I have mailed him several times and he say i give you a notise when i get to my office, but no,no,no,no! So be glad you didn´t ordered anything. I just got a mail from another pipemaker who has been waiting way to long for a drillbit, i mean WAY to long..... So make your own drillbits and get good at it that keeps you from loosing your mind for some bigtalking salesman. I´ll get back with details about this drillbit i have to eat a bit. Be back soon!!!!