Tower Jaws for Talon and Oneway Scroll Chucks!

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
ArtGuy

Tower Jaws for Talon and Oneway Scroll Chucks!

Post by ArtGuy »

They are in! I have it straight from Oneway that the Talon jaws will fit the standard Oneway scroll chuck. I just ordered a set of the #2 profiled Jaws from the Oneway site.

55 bucks and change shipped to my door! Man I am stoked.
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

They are available now!!! Great! I've been looking forward to these jaws since they came out with them for the stronhold. There goes my vow not to buy any more equipment this month!

Hey John, since you only use two of the jaws, would you send me the other two????????? :wink: Just kidding!

David
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Actually I am going halves with Scojo. That means I am getting them for 27.50! Now I am REALLY stoked
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Yes! YES! YESSSS!!!!

*pumps fist in air*

Ordering will have to wait until monday, but by gumby, I'll have those jaws one way or another.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
JSPipes

Post by JSPipes »

All ya need to do to make them perfect is drill a 1/4 inch hole 3/8 of an inch down from the top (centered in the jaws) and tap it for a 1/4x20tpi screw. Turn down a point on the 2 screws and you'll have a great way to handle the drillings!
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

woo hoo! According to UPS tracking the jaws are in Lafayette and went out for delivery this morning a 5:45am :thumb:
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Well the jaws came in. It took about 5 days from oneway to get them. Here are some pics.

Comparison between standard #2 and #2 profile tower:

With a block ( these sorts of bends were somewhat hairy with the standard jaws. As you can see it gives me much more clearance)

Naked:

Lathe view:

custom300

Post by custom300 »

Hey John, since you only use two of the jaws, would you send me the other two?????????
That's a great idea. Anybody interested in going halves on another set?
Blessing and Peace

Jamie
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

John and others, are you going to tap the new jaws or keep them as is? If as-is, do you rely completely on a square block and selft centering system to get a straight drilling?
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Very sweet John! We will be expecting your pipes to improve considerably now... 8O
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

I make certain the block is square. With the self centering chuck, as long as the block is square you will get a straight drill. There may not be quite enough clearance with these jaws to put screws in and rotate the block clear around in the chuck.
JohnCongleton

Post by JohnCongleton »

custom300 wrote:That's a great idea. Anybody interested in going halves on another set?
I could be convinced... you still looking for someone to split them with?
custom300

Post by custom300 »

Yes, I am interested. What I had planned, was that I would just order a set, and post the two jaws on this forum for half of the cost plus shipping. If that works for you, I will let you know when I receive them. If you are still interested at the time, your welcome to them. I have a PayPal account that I can receive payment, including credit card payments.
Blessing and Peace

Jamie