filters or no filters

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
forrest

filters or no filters

Post by forrest »

Are you making your pipes to except filters or no filters.
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

I make my pipes without a filter chamber, because I smoke without filter... As long as I don't make pipe for customers, I'll make the pipes without filter chamber - if I'll sell pipes any time I'll make it as the customer wants to... :wink:
Greetings from Germany,

Heinz_D
flix

Post by flix »

No filters for me. I don't even know how to do it really...
forrest

Post by forrest »

Thanks, I didnt know if everyone was making pipes with filters.
OleFattGuy

Post by OleFattGuy »

I'm not sure about the US but in Sweden practically no-one smokes their pipes with filters as I understand it. Whereas in Germany, for example, the situation apparently is reverse. When I was on vacation in Greece the pipeshop automatically offered me pipe filters when I bought cleaners, and the lady looked a bit puzzled when I said that I don´t use them, so I guess thery're pretty common there as well.

So, depending on your local market I guess that makers are adapting to the law of supply and demand...

I have so far made only no-filters pipes (but then again, I don't sell them ;)), partly because I prefer to smoke and handle them without the gooey dripping filters, partly because of esthetical reasons. I think that filter pipes look clumsy since the stem necessarily is a bit thicker than on no-filter pipes, at lest in the slender varieties I prefer.
flix

Post by flix »

Forrest,

I know many pipesters make them for filters. I think they're mostly in Germany...

I have made only filterless pipes.

--Michael