Aloha fellas, I'm back

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
hlp808

Aloha fellas, I'm back

Post by hlp808 »

Aloha Fellas,

It's been awhile since I've been on here, but I just wanted to say hi to all of the familiar faces and A big Aloha to all the new ones.

As for me, I've been very busy taking care of my health( I have Diabetes), making pipes(when i have the time) and now a full-time job :D.
The health part of my life is going very well. I've lost a total of 80 pounds since Feb. and hopefully by Aug. of next year, I will be completely off my Medication. I found out the I have diabetes back in Feb. and that finally made me realize that I had to loose the weight. I was 375 pounds in Feb. and now i'm at 295 pounds. Some of you who I've meet at the Chicago show knows how big I was. Basicly I was a very hard person the miss LOL.

As for the pipemaking, I had to find a full-time job with a good medical plan, since I have Diabetes now and the visit to my doctors every three months. So I had the go from a full-time pipemaker, to a part-time pipemaker. But the good news is that I'm not quiting the pipemaking business any time soon :D . But thats the reason why I haven't been on here for so long. Hell, It's been so long that I didn't know that the forum was even off line for a short period. LOL

Well anyways, it's good to be back and nice to see a lot of new faces.

Aloha

Jaden Hew Len
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Jaden,

Congrats on the hard work and perseverance of losing weight. It's great that you are getting your diabetes under control.

Glad you dropped in. Got and photos of your latest work you could post in the gallery? We alway love to see new pipe pics.

Tyler
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Jaden

Welcome back to the forum. Great news on your health issues. Keep up the good work.

Our daughter owns a place in Kailua. Next time we visit we'll have to look you up.

Mahalo for the hello from your end.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

Jaden

I'd like to chimne in with the others and welcome you back and like tyler I too would love to see what you've been up to pipewise since your last post :P

Best From Sweden

Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Aloha Jaden!

I was just thinking about you the other day. Don't ask me why, you just popped into my head. I'm happy to see you got diagnosed before your diabetes became a life or death situation. I know firsthand how serious it can be.

Welcome back! And like Tyler said, we need pics! :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

Heya Bud!

Great to see you again. I'm glad to hear your health is improving. keep up the hard work. And as important, I'm glad to hear you have some decent health benefits. Its a bummer that you had to go part time on pipes, but what are you gonna do? Pipe making just doesn't often come with health insurance.

Can't wait to see some more pipes from you. Talk to you soon,

Nick
madgarry

Post by madgarry »

Welcome back
The pipe is the meaning of life
marks

Post by marks »

Welcome back to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your work.
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Thanks for the welcome guys :oops: . lol

Yeah, I'm feeling a hell of a lot better now days. I workout about five times a week and basicly changed my diet.

Right now I'm working on some pipes for a local pipe shop, so I should have some pictures to show you guys :wink: .

Jaden