Some new work

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Heinz_D

Some new work

Post by Heinz_D »

After a really work intensive Christmastime, now I found some time to finish two more pipes:

First an very small and lite pipe, resulting out of an attemp to create a giant billiard! Too much flaws and spots made it neccessary to change the shape and I got this one out of the briar:

I showed it on an German forum (unstained) and one of the members wanted to buy the pipe. Unfortuanatly he wanted the blue color, so don't comment this too bad...

Length over all: 145 mm, Stem: 50 mm
Hight: 45 mm
Diameter: 34 mm
Tobacco chamber: 22 x 37 mm

Stem is handcut ebonit with 9 mm filter chamber!

The shank is only 12 mm in the middle and 14 mm at the end and the border at the top is only 2 mm...

But finally I also got the wanted giant billiard out of another block. You can't imagine the differnences!

Length over all: 180 mm, Stem: 80 mm
Hight: 70 mm
Diameter: 46 mm
Tobacco chamber: 28 x 62 mm

The stem is handcut acrylic with 9 mm filter chamber.

This one is also a customer wanted pipe with an unstained, very glossy finish. Very nice grain and I think, he would be satisfied with this one...
Greetings from Germany,

Heinz_D
sethile

Post by sethile »

Very nice work, Heinz!

I really like the shape of the first pipe. In gerneral, I'm not a fan of blue pipes. I'd say you made a fantastic recovery and took excellent advantage of this block in spite of it not yeilding to your original intentions for it.

Wow, that IS a giant billiard! Nice grain, and it seems to hold up very well with the natural finish. I'm sure your customer will be very pleased. I think I would like to see the taper in the stem start closer to the shank. Having said that, I know all my pipes need attention there too.

Great to see these, Heinz. Keep up the excellent work!
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nice pipes! I really like the blue!! It works with the fantastic shape. I'd buy it too bud. Really nice. The billiard is great too. It looks to be over 7 inches long. Quite a hunk of briar! Nice sized bowl yoo. Just right for a good long smoke!!

Great work bud!
magruder

Post by magruder »

Very nice pipes.
I especially like the blue one.
It reminds me of Cornelius' work.
Great job :D
Steve Morrisette
ckr

Post by ckr »

Nice Job Heinz, especially the blue stain. Always good to think outside the box every so often.
Fumo in pace :pipe:
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

Thank you, Guys. I hope I can show you some more in the next weeks...
Greetings from Germany,

Heinz_D