My Seventh Pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
souljer

My Seventh Pipe

Post by souljer »

I've been looking at all of your progress and have felt so, so frustrated in not being able to get my work finished and out. I find looking at the work of others on this forum very inspiring and motivating and I thank you all for posting the pix. Anyway, here is my seventh pipe. At least I think it's my seventh pipe. I need to start keeping better track from now on. Pipes 3-6 have been in various states of finished and unfinished or finished then broken, so this is finally something I can post and share.

I was thinking of staining it at first. I now think I'll leave it just waxed as is and let it darken as it's smoked. The stem is lucite. The red line is my stem logo and it's in all the pipes I've made. Some of the early ones are quite thick, but I've settled on this thinner version which I like. I am planning to take this to Chicago along with a few other pieces.

Any feedback/review is appreciated.

P.S. Edited: THANK YOU pierredekat. Although it still took several tries and I was just about to give up and say the hell with this, it's seems to be working now.
Last edited by souljer on Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.TotemStar.com - Some of my pipe related art
ckr

Post by ckr »

The tags are probably not working because the site is SmokersForum. It also cannot be viewed by the except by other members.
Fumo in pace :pipe:
josh_ford

Post by josh_ford »

I enjoy the pipe. The red line is nice, I personally wouldn't put it in the middle of the stem but that also helps it to stand out as more unique. The detail work on the bottom is pretty sweet, must have been a bear to work out, I would bet.

Nice work,

Josh
Nick

Post by Nick »

Wish I could see it bud.
souljer

Post by souljer »

Hi again,

I really wanted to post a picture here, but it seems impossible to do for me.

At this point I suppose the Gallery will not be up any time soon? When I click on the link, I get a "not found" message.
Last edited by souljer on Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pierredekat

Post by pierredekat »

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

May I suggest posting your photos to PhotoBucket.com? The nice thing about PhotoBucket is that there are no strings attached to their service. You just upload your photos and link to them or insert them into your post.

So let's say your picture is located at, say, http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/S ... ipe007.jpg . You take that location and put [img]in%20front%20and[/img] in the back of that http://yada,yada,yada, and theoretically, your picture should be visible to all, right here on this page.
souljer

Post by souljer »

Thank you.

That's what I did and it seems to be working.
pierredekat

Post by pierredekat »

Wow, that's awesome. And for just your seventh, that's even more impressive. Seriously, it's so artistic: the red line, the fact that you did such intricate carving on the "bottom", rather than on the "top", linear-and-machined juxtaposed with curved-and-gritty. I mean, WOW!
ckr

Post by ckr »

Souljer,

That pipe is really worth all the trouble you went through to get the pics for us here. Sweet, I wish mine were coming along that well.

I can relate to the number problem, when I have the free time I think I am on number 13, but it has been a while.
Fumo in pace :pipe:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Really nice bud! I like the detail work on the underside of the shank. Very cool.