The Big Sandy

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
JMB

The Big Sandy

Post by JMB »

I have add my latest attempt at pipe making to my site. I call it the Big Sandy, not because of all the sanding required but for the number of sand pit's in it Has more sand pit's that the Highway Dept. does.. I will sand it back down and try my hand at wood burning to try and cover up some of them.

Check out at: http://jmb-pipes.tripod.com/
JMB

Post by JMB »

I left that fat so I could go back if needed. Which I do. I do like full shanks, being a Perterson Systems lover I am use too them.
I will start tonight on the burning.

Pooka wrote:
Looks like the stem/shank junction could use it anyway.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Pooka wrote:I'm working on reverse-engraving a burnisher with my little logo so I can woodburn the thing on my pipes.
Do you mean that your going to fit the frame of your logo in a shape that would burn "around" your logo. In other words it would have a "trench" of burnt wood around the logo and the logo itself would be raised? That's a cool idea...
JMB

Post by JMB »

Count me in on your "tool" I will add what help I can.
Jesse

Pooka wrote:
I think I've got my solution.

If you're interested, I'll be happy to work on ideas or the tool. I'm a relatively accomplished graphic-artist (old-school non-computer type) and have done alot of logo/stylizing work in the past. I'll post some examples.

Rob.
Nick

Post by Nick »

How much would you charge for somthing like that Pooka?