stem logos

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
timothy thorpe

stem logos

Post by timothy thorpe »

hi guys, being that pipe making is a hobby for me. i am always looking to play around with something new!! so i am interested in a stem logo. i am looking for a design i have not seen used let, obviously i am looking for something i have not seen yet. does not matter if it is plastic or metel just wondering were i can get some.

thanks, tim
JHowell

Post by JHowell »

Hey, Tim,

You'll get lots of help here with pipemaking, but I'm guessing you're on your own on this one. I can't speak for everyone, but if I come up with a really cool idea for a stem logo that nobody has used yet, *I'm* using it. :D

Best,

Jack
Frank

Post by Frank »

Tim, as Jack mentioned, a logo is a personal thing. Browse through a few pipemakers on the web & check out their logos to get some ideas, then design one to suit yourself.

You can have a metal stamp made to apply your logo to your pipes. Here's the contact for A&M Stamps: http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Pipe ... d_Supplies
You can also Google for other metal stamp makers to get the best price, there are many out there.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
Nick

Post by Nick »

Logos are overrated. Just get a stamp for the wood.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Nick wrote:Logos are overrated. Just get a stamp for the wood.
And the pipe repair guys will thank you. :D

Rad
lawdog

Post by lawdog »

WHat Rad said!! :D
To Serve and Protect