Logo stamping :

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
bluesmk

Logo stamping :

Post by bluesmk »

Gentlemen,
I know somewhere on this forum lies a thread about stamping stems with your logo, damn if I can find it. As you know my logo is a 1/4" Moravian "star of Bethlehem", I've experimented a bit but with some mixed results. Anyone venture here, and could you shed some light on the subject. Heat,light hand, hard hand? I have gold leaf paint to fill the stamp. Just want to do some more research and get some feeback before I go blowing a good stem. Thanks
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes :help:
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Like many here, I bought a stamp from Paul Argendorf (A&M Stamps 55 Windsor Avenue - Mineola, NY 11501, PH:516-741-6223 FAX: 516-248-4202 Paul Argendorf)

I'm not crazy about the size but it was a good first start. I roll the stamp on the wood with a hard touch. It works. It's not great yet. My method probably that is, not the stamp.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

Yes Craig,
I have as well. I'm not talking about stamping the pipe, I'm mean a marking onto the stem, filling with paint and sanding smooth.
As far as the pipe, keep at it I still get nauseous when it's time to stamp!
Best
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
JHowell

Post by JHowell »

I've stamped rubber clarinet mouthpieces -- you heat the stamp, not the rubber. Good and hot, propane torch works well, doesn't need to be red hot but needs to be hot enough to melt the rubber. Hand pressure is enough, needs to be even. Just practice on scrap. The rubber will smoosh up around the letters and need to be sanded back for a crisp impression.
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

Ah...I see Jack. I tryed though I screewed up, so the smoosh can be sanded crisp. I thought I screwd up and threw it away, and tryed a lighter hand the next time and thats what I got . So as the Buddha said the middle way. Thanks Anyone else have experience in this ?
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes