A couple of pipes I made in Chicago

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
hollywood

A couple of pipes I made in Chicago

Post by hollywood »

I attended the pipe making seminar at this year's show; and had a 'blast'! Kirk and Brian were great to have as instructors; and the A-listers who stopped by over the two days was very exciting! Teddy Knudson, Jeff Gracik, Alex Florov, Brad Pohlmann, and the list goes on. Brad gets an extra large thanks for all the time he spent with his critiques and advice. He was very generous, indeed.

I had the chance to work two full days with uninterrupted pipe making; so I got a LOT done. Here are the first of the five that I had nearly finished when we were all done. I tried my hand at making some smaller pipes this time. To date almost everything was really big. I had to finish the detail work inside the bits when I got home.

Blasted Billiard:
Length - 5.00
Height - 1.50
Chamber Diameter - .750
Chamber Depth - 1.25

Dave-
hollywood

Post by hollywood »

Danish Zulu
Length - 5.25
Height - 1.75
Chamber Diameter - .750
Chamber Depth - 1.50

Dave-
kkendall

Post by kkendall »

I can see that your work has taken a generous leap forward. That class really paid off! Those are fantastic.
hollywood

Post by hollywood »

kkendall wrote:I can see that your work has taken a generous leap forward. That class really paid off! Those are fantastic.
Thanks, Kim! It was so much fun and the critiques from so many great makers just made a world of difference! I can't wait to dig into that briar you sent me!!
Dave-
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

That's an absolutely great blast, too! Did you blast at Chicago as well?
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
hollywood

Post by hollywood »

KurtHuhn wrote:That's an absolutely great blast, too! Did you blast at Chicago as well?
Heya Kurt. Yeah. Kirk Bosi brought his whole blasting set-up to the seminar! It was the first time I had used one. I am in love with it now! The sad part is knowing how much money I've spent before I even start looking!! :shock: :lol:
Dave-
Charl

Post by Charl »

Love the Danish Zulu. Great pipe!

Only wish I had the chance to go to a pipemaking seminar! :cry: Or even just speak in person :cry: to somebody that is a professional pipemaker!
android

Post by android »

LOVE that danish number. great job with them all.
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I really like the deep blast on the zulu too. The step in the stem sets it off nicely as well. Great job on both!