5th posted

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
alan

5th posted

Post by alan »

I started this yesterday morning. I cannot wait until I get a band saw. I spent about 4 hours driving my neighbors crazy with the disk sander attachment on my drill :twisted:. Work ended up being very slow, so I was able to do all of my filing and sanding while I was getting paid. Good stuff.

I'd like feedback, but as said in my last post, I won't be getting my tenon turning tool for a couple more weeks. Please be nice about the stem/shank junction :oops: .

I drill by hand. It is always a stressful thing, since a wobble at the wrong moment could wreck a nice piece of wood. The rush of lining up the air hole and tobacco hole is awesome though. I perfectly nailed this one 8)

Still, it will be awesome when I get a drill press.

Thanks for checking this out.
bandkbrooks

Post by bandkbrooks »

Disk sander attachment on drill....boy that sounds familiar. That's how I have to do mine currently till I can get a lathe (and the space for said lathe). For doing it that way it looks great. I love the grain on this one.
Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com
RussAlan

Post by RussAlan »

for the limited tools that you have available to you..thats a beauty! keep em coming!
www.russalanpipes.com

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late, the cannons dont thunder, theres nothin' to plunder, Im an over [20] victim of fate...arriving to late"
Timberwolf

Inspiration!

Post by Timberwolf »

Alan, It sounds like my tool resources are a lot like yours for now. I expect to purchase briar soon and give it a go. Great looking pipe!
"A pipe is the fountain of contemplation, the source of pleasure, the companion of the wise; and the man who smokes, thinks like a philosopher and acts like a Samaritan." -Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton"
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

That's a keeper for sure. I can relate to the feeling you got getting the holes to line up. I only make the occasional pipe myself and use the hand drilling too. It is quite a relief when it is done right. Good job! Keep on working at it!