4-Flute Aircraft Counterbores & Spot Facers

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
smokindawg

4-Flute Aircraft Counterbores & Spot Facers

Post by smokindawg »

I was turned on to these for facing bamboo and also with a step center they can be used for touching up and re-squaring a shank after the pipe has been shaped. (Or at least that's the idea)

Anyway, if any of you use these, here is a really good deal on them. I haven't used any yet, and am awaiting my order of 5 (Thought I better have a couple spares at least)

Take a look thru the list of sizes and you'lll find the 31/32 for just $5 each.

http://www.wttool.com/category-exec/cat ... page_num/1

Just thought someone else might benefit from this sale! Last I checked they had 41 of these in stock too!
pennsyscot

Post by pennsyscot »

This looks very interesting to me. I can't find the pilot that is used for this cutter. Where can I obtain the pilot and is the pilot short enough to fit in a pipe mortise? thanks, Scot
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

I don't know whether they carry the pilot or not. I'm going to have my own made to work with the size mortise I use for a delrin tenon. It will have to be stepped. I may also get some other sizes made eventually so that I can do repairs on cracked shanks too.
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

Of course, McMaster Carr has the pilots - catalog page 2422 or type in "spot face" on the search.
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

Well, guess I don't need to make them after all.......... Found them here, with a bit of help. They have a large selection of all different sizes to fit many applications.................

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/N2DRVSH?PMSECT=0000000540