don't know where to begin

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Tano

don't know where to begin

Post by Tano »

Kurt I'm posting this in the hopes that if someone else is having the same problem then if there is a solution it might help them.
I'm posting this message from my old lap top. My recently acquired laptop will not allow me to log in to the forum or post new topics. My old operating system is windows XP, my new laptop is VISTA.
I don't know if you can tell me if it's a forum related problem or do I need to call on the computer geeks (Son & friends)?
All the best,
Tano
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I have no idea why Vista would be doing this. Truth be told, I'm an old UNIX geek and hardcore Apple user - Windows isn't exactly my forte.

That said, I have seen a similar issue before, and it was a setting in one of the new IE security features. I can't recall what exactly, but if you're still stuck in the AM, I can try and dig something up.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Frank

Post by Frank »

KurtHuhn wrote:Truth be told, I'm ........ and hardcore Apple user.
Aren't those the guys in the TV commercial depicted as pooftahs? :twisted: :LOL:
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
tritrek

Re: don't know where to begin

Post by tritrek »

Tano wrote:Kurt I'm posting this in the hopes that if someone else is having the same problem then if there is a solution it might help them.
I'm posting this message from my old lap top. My recently acquired laptop will not allow me to log in to the forum or post new topics. My old operating system is windows XP, my new laptop is VISTA.
I don't know if you can tell me if it's a forum related problem or do I need to call on the computer geeks (Son & friends)?
Check your cookie settings. I think those are not enabled or the site is set as non-trusted. I've never seen Vista so I can't tell which setting to change but look for the cookies. That's what these board engines are using for authentication.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Frank wrote:
KurtHuhn wrote:Truth be told, I'm ........ and hardcore Apple user.
Aren't those the guys in the TV commercial depicted as pooftahs? :twisted: :LOL:
Either that or anti-establishment crackpots. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Charl

Post by Charl »

Have used XP from the start on our home PC. But while up in the DRC had Vista on my laptop and didn't have a problem at all.