PIMO book

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
maxwell_smart007

PIMO book

Post by maxwell_smart007 »

Hi all,

I stumbled across this site after receiving a pipe from Kurt Huhn in a pen making swap...

He's ignited my curiousity, and I'd like to try making my own pipe (or two) now...I've heard a lot about this PIMO book after perusing some threads here...does anyone have a copy they're not using that they'd like to sell me?

I live in Canada, but post isn't that bad, so please respond if you have an extra PIMO book that you can part with....

THanks,
ANdrew
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

I'd suggest buying the book from Pimo directly, to support a small family business... which I think is just Ginny now, the sweet widow of the author.

The book is really the basic basics for the beginning beginner. This forum is THE source for nitty gritty hardcore knowledge.
jim in Oregon

Post by jim in Oregon »

Andrew, I think that most who have the small PIMO book refer to it often, esp as they delve into pipemaking in greater degree.

There is alot of straightforward info in the book, which was written for the home crafter with the most minimal tools...helping him to understand the why and hows of pipemaking's basics and begin to make his own pipes.

Order up a copy of your own from Ginny Baer @ PIMO..I have not seen a used copy anywhere I have looked.You may end up getting a few other supplies and tools from PIMO also..

I suspect the book will occupy a place on your workbench and reside in your library for years IF the pipe making passion takes root in you.
Best regards and enjoy your new found interest; it is a fine pass time and adds alot to the pleasures of pipe smoking.Jim