Shop is coming together!

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
smokindawg

Shop is coming together!

Post by smokindawg »

Well, as many of you know, I've been adding to the shop for a while now, in hopes of being able to make pipes. I was tired of working outside when doing sanding and shaping, so recently I purchased a large dust collector and now finally after building the addition to my small shop I needed to house the unit, I now have it all installed and hooked up. I even set up my sander/buffer under the bench so that I could set while working and not take up bench space. Here are a few pics of my shop addition and the collector hooked to the machines.
I didn't like the small vac hook up for the band saw so now have a 4" line to it and it works great.

And here is the small Atlas metal lathe that I'm setting up for tamper and stem work among other things. I have both a 4 jaw independent and a 4 jaw self centering chuck, a Quick Change Tool Post with boring bar holder and cut off tool and a live as well as dead center for the Tail stock. The lathe has no wear at all and was barely used.
Christopher Brunton

Post by Christopher Brunton »

Nice! Cool little Atlas. Clean the rust off that chuck and find yourself a live center and you're in business. One thing I notice, though, that dust bucket under the disc sander looks like a knee-buster.

Glad to see shop pictures. Thanks for sharing. Now git carving!

-chris
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

WHAT!!!!!!!!! Not a single speck of dust.......................................????????
You better get workin'......................................!!!!!!!!!!
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

Christopher Brunton wrote:Nice! Cool little Atlas. Clean the rust off that chuck and find yourself a live center and you're in business. One thing I notice, though, that dust bucket under the disc sander looks like a knee-buster.

Glad to see shop pictures. Thanks for sharing. Now git carving!

-chris
Chris that dust pickup I made actually sets back in from the edge of the bench, although it doesn't look like it in the picture. And it's just the right height for my chair.